The Burlington Writers Workshop has a permanent space downtown in Studio 266. We keep it open Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and on Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. We offer:
- Free coffee, soda, tea, and water (no alcohol, sorry).
- Free password-protected wireless Internet.
- A printer.
- A lending library (please keep what you borrow for no longer than three weeks).
- Good company! There’s always a writer (or two) available to talk to you about writing/books/literature.
Directions from Burlington, starting at the corner of Church and Main:
- Drive west on Main Street (toward Lake Champlain).
- Take a left on Pine Street.
- When you see New England Floor Covering, turn right. You may also see signs pointing you toward “Studio 266.” Follow those.
- You’ll see a large parking lot. Park in any unassigned space.
- Studio 266 is the brick building at the end of the parking lot. You’ll see this awning with “266”on it. That means you’re in the right place. Enter through that glass door. Please note: We are not located at 266 Pine Street. If you don’t see this awning, you’re not in the right place.
Once you’re inside the building, you’ll see the beautiful art gallery that the visual artists at Studio 266 have put together. We’re at the end of the hall on the left, where the man is standing.
Questions? Please contact us.